In comparison to the conventional forms of surgery, with gamma surgery, there are various benefits. In terms of low costs and results India ranks to be among the top. The charges are on the lesser side as most of the hospitals in India get the surgery done at a fraction of the cost. This is when you compare it to the advanced countries of the world.
The moment the procedure ceases to be over, you go on to remove the headgear. If you would have been part of an angiogram, then you would need to lie down in a quiet manner for hours. In case of some people, a mild swelling or a headache would be noticed in the portion where the headgear was attached. But in a majority of cases, no problems were reported. The doctor would go on to inform you whether there is any period of observation or whether it is possible for you to go home the day after the surgery. Whatever be the case it is expected that you would get back to the normal activities in a day or so.
The impact of the treatment would be seen over a period of time. With the help of radiation treatments, the growth of lesions or tumors is stopped. It means that the impact would be seen in the days to come as well. Most likely the doctor is likely to remain in touch with you and this would be to assess the program. It would include the CT or MRI scans. There are various advantages of Gamma knife for brain treatment in India which are as follows
- You go on to undertake this surgery without the help of any incisions. The complications that you face with a conventional form of surgery are reduced. At the same time problems like infections or bleeding are not observed as well
- As a patient, you are expected to return back to the normal activities within a day or two
- This form of treatment has been considered to be the safest in the business. In fact, this treatment has been in operation for more than 15 years and millions of patients have benefitted from this treatment as well.
- To various diverse regions of the brain, you do gain access as well.
- When you compare the cost of treatment with other neurosurgery it does appear to be on the lesser side.
- Most of the insurance companies do have it as part of their coverage plan
Yes, you can confer the fact that there are some risks along with side effects as observed with this form of surgery. This is when you compare it with the conventional form of surgery.
- In terms of side effects, nausea and headache are common. It would be related to the removal of the head brace and that is needed as part of the operation
- A degree of physical defects can be observed when you are part of this surgery
- Any other impact is on the minimal side.