Previously, calling your friends and family members abroad was a heavily expensive matter. But thanks to the advancement of technology that it is not so anymore. Now you can simply use the internet connection to stay connected with your estranged friends and family members. All you need to have is a computer or a smartphone and a high speed internet connection. With the large number of software programs and apps that have been introduced into the online world through which one can cut down phone bills, saving money is no more a dream. If you aren’t aware of the different software through which you can make calls free of cost through the internet, here’s a list of them.
- Google Voice: When it comes to making free internet calls, Google Voice is perhaps the very best way. With Google Voice, you can make free calls to an actual telephone number, PC to PC calls and also free PC to phone calls. You will be in fact surprised to know that Google Voice is more than just making free calls through the internet. You can also manage your phone numbers with the help of Google Voice. You can also use it intelligently to route your incoming calls to your free phone number that is provided by Google Voice.
- Viber: With Viber, PC to PC and app to app free internet calls are available. Viber is compatible with many different devices and this particular mobile application can be installed in iOS, Windows Phone, Android, BlackBerry and even on Nokia smartphones. This software can also be installed in your desktop to make free internet calls with other mobile devices and computers. This works well with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Skype: Skype is an immensely popular messaging service that makes free internet calls between different mobile and desktop platforms. Skype can be installed on BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, PlayStation Vita, Kindle Fire HD and Windows Phone. There are even desktop versions available for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since Skype works both on mobiles and computers, any variation of communication is allowed.
- Yahoo Messenger: Are you a yahoo user? If answered yes, you can use the mobile or desktop application to make free phone calls to other users with the help of the internet connection. Windows and Mac desktop users can even install Yahoo Messenger as well as iOS and Android devices. Video calls, instant messages and SMS texts can all be sent through Yahoo Messenger.
- FreePhoneCalls: People who stay abroad and are worried about staying in touch with their family members can also use FreePhoneCalls. This is a desktop app that allows you to easily make calls to any landline or wireless phone that is located within the continental US. All you have to do is to download this app and put on the headset. All calls are absolutely free of cost and therefore this is a special choice for all students who have moved abroad.
Hence, if you’re keen on knowing more on ways in which you can save more money on international calls, you may take the above mentioned points into consideration.